Use this QR Code to Register to VOTE!
You will need to enter your name, address, date of birth, license number or social security number
Important Dates and Deadlines:
October 27, 2020-Deadline to register before the November 3rd Presidential Election
November 2, 2020-Deadline to apply for for an absentee ballot
November 3, 2020-Polling locations open 6am-8pm to vote & absentee ballots must be received by town clerk by 8pm
Who can vote on November 3rd?
- Must be 18 years old or older on the day of the election
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a disenfranchising felony
How can you learn about the politicians running for office?
- Preview the ballot for your district on the State of Connecticut website: https://portal.ct.gov/SOTS/Election-Services/Town-Ballots/2020-Town-Ballots
- Research candidates’ politics and positions using headcount.org
- Use this QR Code to Register to VOTE!
- You will need to enter your name, address, date of birth, license number or social security number
How do you Vote on November 3rd?
In Person Voting
- Polling locations are open 6am-8pm
- Use this link to find your polling location: https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
- This year all registered voters will receive applications for an absentee ballot
- Absentee ballot applications can also be found online: https://portal.ct.gov/SOTS/Election-Services/Voter-Information/Absentee-Voting
- Once you receive the ballot, there are important directions on the ballot that need to be followed so your vote will be counted
- The ballot must be received by November 3rd at 8pm by the town clerk
ID Needed for Voter Registration
You are required to show identification when registering to vote in person.
Acceptable identification includes anything with a name and address:
- Connecticut driver’s license
- a utility bill, or even a checkbook.
ID Needed for Voting?
You must either show ID or sign a one line affidavit at the polling place if you have not provided proper identification when registering. A photo ID is not required.
Acceptable forms of ID at the polling place are:
- A Social Security card
- Any other pre-printed form of identification that shows your name and address, name and signature, or name and photograph.
- Any current and valid photo ID that shows your name and address
- Copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government paycheck, or another government document that shows your name and address
For more information go to Vote411.org