- Gently Pull the top of the computer open.
- Press the power button. The power button will be found on the right side of the computer. It is the smaller of the two buttons. (The other is for volume.)
- Allow the screen to wake up.
- On the home screen, enter your Hartford Public Schools email address in the box that reads ‘Email address’ located in the center of the screen. Your email address is your student ID number followed by: @students.hartfordschools.org. An example of a Student email address is: email@example.com
- In the password box type your password. Your Password is your birthday in the format YYYYMMDD. For Example, July 15th, 2004 would be 20040715.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the password box, or press the Enter Key on the keyboard.
Connecting to Hartford Public Schools Network Instructions:
The laptop should automatically connect to the school’s wireless network. If it does not, please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the wifi symbol at the bottom right corner of the screen. (It will be either a globe symbol or the traditional wifi symbol . A menu will appear.
- At the bottom of the menu, the Wi-Fi box will appear blue. If it is grey or black, please click on the Wi-Fi box and it will toggle to blue.
- In the list of available Wi-Fi networks that appear above the blue Wi-Fi box ‘Hartford Public Schools’ should be highlighted in blue with white lettering. If ‘Hartford Public Schools’ is grey or black, please click on it to turn it blue.
- At the bottom right corner of the ‘Hartford Public Schools’ blue box click ‘Connect’. NOTE: If it reads ‘Disconnect’ you are connected to the Wi-Fi network; if you still are unable to access the Internet the problem is something else.
- After clicking ‘Connect’ the computer should connect to the school’s Wi-Fi network. If it asks for a password, please type: SystemOfSchools and click the Connect button.